Dress Code Policy
Uniforms are available for purchase at Land's End
Students must adhere to the dress code at all times while on campus. It is the responsibility of the student and parent/guardian to assure that the student is in proper attire while at school and at all school activities and events.
Clothing must be clean and neat in appearance. Additional markings from pens, paint or other (permanent or temporary) is prohibited from being placed on clothing or on the skin.
All students must be covered completely from mid-thigh (5” above knee) to top of chest and back in non-see-through and non-revealing materials.
When walking, sitting, bending or lifting the arms, the midriff or any of the side/back/underarm area of the torso must not be visible.
Holes or rips in jeans on Fridays are not permitted.
Outer garments should be size appropriate and conceal all undergarments.
Sleepwear, including slippers, are allowed on predetermined, and school sanctioned “dress-up” days only.
Clothing must be free of obscene or inappropriate words and/or logos. This includes writing and/or graphics that may be perceived as racially insensitive, sexually suggestive, culturally demeaning, or politically charged.
- Pants and Shorts
- Shirts (Uniform and Undershirts)
- Free Dress and Masks/Political Attire/Inappropriate Slogans and Images
- Free Dress
- CVCS T-Shirts
- CVCS Athletic Team Wear
Khaki or Navy Blue only. Pants and shorts may be alternative brands from Land’s End as long as they are consistent with style and color.
Pants, and shorts may not be oversized, baggy, sagging, torn, rolled, too tight, capri style, patterned or torn. Undergarments must not be visible.
Blue jean pants are permitted on Fridays. The appearance of the jeans will be up to the discretion of the administration.
Blue jean shorts are not permitted.
Shorts may be no more than 3 inches above the knee.
No lycra/stretch pants/yoga pants, leggings are permitted
No sweatpants are permitted.
Skirts and Skorts can be purchased only at Land’s End. They must be purchased in the appropriate size.
- Skirts/skorts must not be tight, torn, or rolled at the waist.
- Skirts/skorts may be deemed too short or too tight by teachers or administration and asked to change into pants or alternative clothing immediately.
- The student may not return to class until they have an appropriate change of clothes to fit the guidelines.
All sweaters/hoodies/outerwear must have a CVCS logo and be purchased from Land’s End or CVCS only. All non-CVCS outerwear is not approved. CVCS athletic team outerwear may also be worn.
Uniform, collared shirts must be worn under outerwear.
Hoods are not to be worn indoors.
Colorful undershirts/hoodies can not be worn underneath CVCS uniform shirts.
- Girls: Tights/Leggings under a skirt/skort must be solid white, navy, or black. Fishnet stockings and thigh high socks are not permitted.
- Socks may be of any color or pattern unless offensive or inappropriate at the discretion of the administration.
- Leggings can only be worn under approved Clothing Norm length skirts/dresses.
All boys hairstyles are to be short, neat, clean and of natural color, and all girls hairstyles need to be neat, clean and of natural color. Hair color and hair style must refrain from being extreme. In case of questionable styles, school administrators have the discretion to determine what is appropriate. Hair must be styled neatly and combed properly while on campus.
BOYS only - earrings must be covered at all times during school hours.
For all students, body-piercing objects are not to be seen including nose, tongue and belly rings, etc.
Markings, tattoos (permanent or temporary) must be covered. Accessories that the administration determines as inappropriate (at their discretion) are not permitted.
Sunglasses can be worn outdoors only.
Only CVCS Hats or head coverings can be worn, and only outside of classrooms and chapel.
Shoes must be in neat condition, closed at the toe, a hard rubber sole on the bottom and have a backing on the heel.
No sandals, flip flops, sliders, slippers, moccasins, thigh high boots, or platforms are permitted.
Heels more than 2” are not permitted.
Shoes must be worn on campus at all times and at all school events and activities.
At the discretion of the Administration for on and off campus activities and events:
No leggings and yoga pants
No jeans that are sagging or too tight
No low cut or revealing tops
No inappropriate slogans
All clothing must be free of holes of any kind
All shorts must be at mid palm in length
All skirts and dresses must be an appropriate length at the discretion of the administration.
All students must wear closed toed shoes unless otherwise stated
On campus no spaghetti straps or strapless tops
On campus there is to be no loungewear or pajamas unless it is a designated day to do so.
* All free-dress code guidelines are up to the discretion of the CVCS staff and subject to change.*
A student is expected to be “in class, on time.” This is both a legal requirement and in the best interest of the student’s academic and personal development. Being “in class, on time” is the CVCS standard for personal responsibility and consideration of other students and teachers. Each CVCS student and parent is responsible for understanding and complying with all of the attendance policies included in this handbook.
Call the attendance number or email attendance the morning of the absence before 9:00 a.m. If your student is absent consecutive days, call or email each morning until he/she returns. Please send in doctors notes, or proof of absence every time it is available. Notification provided after the fact must be made within three days of the absence or the absence will remain unexcused.
Please report absences to CVCS via:
- School Attendance Line: 949-373-2828
- School Attendance Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Excused” absences per California State Education Code 48205 are:
- Illness or other physical disability
- Cannot return to school until after 24 hours of being fever/throw up/rash free
- Fever must be under 100.4 and must be 24 hours free of fever reducing medication.
- Must be 24 hours of the last time thrown up.
- Must be 24 hours symptom free of any of the COVID-19 related symptoms
- Students who exhibit symptoms but feel well enough to participate in class will be able to connect to the classroom remotely. In this case, the excused absence will not be counted against their total absences.
- Must be free of a rash or provide doctor’s clearance.
- Must have home or professional treatment of lice before returning to school.
- Health department quarantine (14 days from the time of diagnosis)
In an effort to instill biblical values and create a more loving environment, our school has adopted this policy. From time to time, conflict can occur. Capistrano Valley Christian Schools realizes that while bullying may occur, it is never acceptable. We have zero tolerance for such conduct and consistent with this policy a true violation will result in appropriate disciplinary action. We seek to implement a clear framework for dealing with bullying incidents in order to protect our students and help the bully to learn how to relate in a way that is in line with biblical standards.
As part of our health and wellness initiative, CVCS maintains a mandatory drug testing policy for all high school students. All high school students are required to undergo an annual hair test administered by a certified staff member at the beginning of each school year. Student-specific results from the inaugural round of testing are sent directly and exclusively to parents. CVCS administrators will neither receive nor have access to these student-specific results but will receive aggregate drug-use information. Additionally, random testing occurs throughout the school year.